Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Asaf Romirowsky

This lecture was interesting and informative. I am not previously educated on problems in the mis east dealing with both history and current events dealing with Judaism or any other religion for that matter. So this lecture taught me a lot and stimulated my mind to form my own opinions on a new topic of interest for me. From this i have gathered that Palestinians are bad news point blank. I now have a vague knowledge of the feuding and such, and the lack of a solution to a major problem. I feel that we need more people like Romirowsky getting actively involved with brainstorming logical possible solutions to this problem of the Palestinians. I personally dont feel that the 3 state solution theory presented gives enough attention to every complex detail of the problem. However, it is positive progressive thinking!! I am entirely lost about the problems involving the gaza strip, but in my opinion from what i do understand some things cannot be fixed from the outside help offered. I believe that entire populations of nations need to grow up and learn to accept and embrace differences among all types of peoples opinions and beliefs different from their own before any one can really step in and help them. I live a good portion of my life on the saying "you have to be able to help yourself before others can help you." This seems appropriate for several situations going on over there. I enjoyed the mind stumutating presentation and give Romirowsky mad props on the lecture. Thank you!

No comments: