Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dr. Klein

I feel that this lecture was not for a Jewish studies student of my knowledge level. I did not posses the background knowledge assumed by Dr. Klein to understand the depth of her lecture. Although i was quite lost from the majority of the presentation i did find a few details she discussed interesting. I was fascinated by the tactics (or rather the lack there of) used to establish the boarders used to represent the new Jewish community. From what i gathered her main points were on citizenship in inter war Slovakia, Jewish loyalty and nationality. I am interested in her area of studies and would definitely like to expand my knowledge on the history like topics Dr. Klein discussed, but her lecture was just a bit too complex and advanced for someone with my level of experience in Jewish studies. Some pears agree with me on the idea that it would have been possible for her to make her information more understandable and clear as well as more interesting. One thing that i may have been a little more interested in hearing and better able to follow and relate to would have been more about the individual challenges of the Jewish family in the time period and settings she discussed. Again, good discussion but unfortunately for me just not any thing i could really grasp.

No comments: