Monday, March 10, 2008

Jordan Rosenblum

I found Jordan Rosenblum's lecture to be quite fascinating, primarily because it had to do with Jews and food. I enjoyed his presentation of the information and felt that it allowed us as students to relate through his quotes. After his lecture, I found myself being acutely aware of food as it pertains to Jews. I shopped in Borders over the weekend and in the "Jewish" section there were books on Kabbalah and keeping kosher, two things many gentiles attribute as the key parts to our widespread, multi-faceted, ancient religion.
Pork always stood out as something in my mind that was a little "ify" to eat. I do not keep kosher but for some reason, pork was taboo to my pallate. After Rosenblum's lecture i can see the lineage of how pork stands out as the key forbidden food to jews.

No comments: