Monday, April 21, 2008

Asaf Romirowsky

I found this lecture to be one of the more fascinating and applicable ones of the series. I thought that Romirowsky was well spoken, easy to understand, and brought up prominant and important issues. I must admit that while I consider myself to be pretty invovled in the news and know what is going on, i found a lot of the information about the Gaza vs. the West Bank new and fascinating.

The idea of a 3 state solution is something frightening to me. I dont think it would work and i think it would totally change the dynamic of the state of Israel. I understand that it may smooth over some of the conflict between gaza and the west bank, but it does not rectify the situation with enemies outside of Israel. I dont know what the answer is, but beacuse Jerusalem is the center of the religious world, Israel will most likely always face some sort of conflict.

Another scary factor is the insidious rise of terrorist organizations with a political front. It is understandable how the population can be persuaded to accept and believe such a group.

No comments: