Thursday, April 24, 2008

Marriage and Family

I am sorry but Prof. Davis presentation lacked any real substance for me. She did not quote one word from any religious sources. I have a hard time believing a speaker who talks about marriage in Judaism and talks nothing about what the bible says on the topic.
Also, I really disliked the one reformed rabbi she mentioned that said it was ok for a women to marry a non-Jewish man because her happiness came first. No respectable Rabbi would ever say such a thing. That is not a belief in Judaism. The hebrew word for man and women is Eish and Eisha (I don't know the exact spelling in English of these words). When you put these two words together you can make out G-d's name and that is what makes a soul complete. That is what marriage in Judaism is all about, completing your soul. The person you marry should be the other half of your soul, and a non-Jew and a Jew can never complete each others souls.

No comments: