Monday, April 14, 2008

Dr. Khan

I found Dr. Khan's lecture to be a nice story, but nothing more. My Grandfather is from Syria and my Grandmother is from Egypt and I never heard either of them talk nicely about their respective countries. They would tell me that no matter how good it was for the Jews at certain times, Jews were still considered second class citizens.

Dr. Khan also talked about how Islam and Christianity recognize Judaism but neither Judaism nor Christianity recognizes Islam. Last time I checked there are many terrorist organizations, like Hamaz and Hezbollah that have a creed to destroy the Jews. Whether or not this creed came after or before the state of Israel is irrelevant to me. The state of Israel before 1948 was a barren waste land. The Muslims did not take care of the land or develop the land. (For example, the Temple Mount, where the Palestinians now have a Mosque to pray at because they believe it was holy to them was a garbage dump pre-Jewish occupation of Israel. Doesn’t everyone put there garbage in really holy places?)

He also spoke about interpretations of the Koran and how you can see words of peace in it. The fact that there are many Islamic groups that can interpret the Koran to speak words of hate is disgusting to me. The Torah can be interpreted many ways, but I never heard a Jewish source interpret the Torah to kill people.

I’d really like to comment on his attitude and how he responded to me after class, but I was told you are not allowed to comment on that aspect.

No comments: